We solve problems by caring about hardware, software and operations. We’re looking for people with strong background or interest in building impactful products or systems. People who are comfortable in dealing with multiple moving parts, yet have an attention to detail. People who are comfortable and excited learning new technologies and systems.
If you are at all interested in joining us, please send an email to email@example.com.
Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you are interested in what we are doing, and any relevant experience you have. Attach your resume or LinkedIn. Please include links to Github, any code samples, or blog posts.
At Meter, we are building high speed networking infrastructure to power large scale networks. We manage these networks so companies are more productive and secure. This lets our customers concentrate on building impactful products instead of worrying about installing, managing, and maintaining expensive, complex, and fallible systems.
We work on hardware including routers, switches, and wireless access points and software to manage thousands of devices, process millions of packets and scale operations. Some of the engineering problems we tackle are high speed packet processing (from L1 to L3), wireless drivers, firmware optimization, telemetry, automation, and user experience in designing our dashboards.
We are looking for people who are excited to work on interesting problems, have the disposition to learn and teach, and above all, are kind and ambitious.
Some companies write in job requirements like, “must have 10 years experience with X” and then hire people with only 3 years of experience with X. What they are really screening for is a willingness to ignore what’s written in the job description. We don’t think that’s a great process, so we don’t really have requirements; we are looking for people who think this job description sounds appealing.
Meter’s mission is to make every company more productive and secure. The backend services support this goal in a number of ways:
This is a big remit for a small team. To accomplish this, our tools and architecture choices are designed to be boring - one backend language, one datastore, used in predictable ways. You are at a point in your career where you understand the benefits of designing a system this way. No unpredictable latency spikes, or server crashes. No frantically trying to find the one person who understands the service after hours; everyone understands the service, since there’s only one way of building services.
Our time is the scarcest resource we have, and all of our processes are designed around optimizing for that. You’ll be working on a team with other experienced operators - people who have helped scale successful companies, understand how to get stuff done, have interests outside of work, and work efficiently so they have time to enjoy those interests.
We use Go, Postgres, AWS (managed with Terraform), and some Bash. It’s not necessary to have experience with some, or any, of these, but it certainly would help you get up to speed more quickly if, for example, you had some experience with a SQL database in the past.
We are looking for a IT engineer that will help us make anything internet, networking and WiFi super simple for our customers.
· Work closely with engineers by providing feedback on firmware and software
· Build a playbook for automating provisioning, installations and support
· Monitor the post-install setup at customers
· Handle technical support for customers
· Handle software & hardware upgrades in the field
· Work with the rest of the team to help build new features
· Designed complex network systems, security and implementation of routing, switching, and firewalls
· Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols
· Automation and scripting experience
· Experience with deep packet analysis and using wireshark
· Experience troubleshooting and resolving network issues, and communicating to impacted users
· Experience with network hardware similar to: Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, Ruckus, Ubiquiti
· Ability to handle high level of autonomy and responsibility
We are looking for an engineer that will help architect, design and develop controller & gateway software modules. Responsibilities include designing and implementing Meter's stack focused on data path and high performance services. Responsible for high performance L2/L3 processing, forwarding and real time services in an Intel x86, Linux environment.
· Design and develop high performance data plane software modules
· Work on system-wide performance tuning and system level design
· Write APIs that interface with our WiFi stack
· Solid networking hands-on experience
· Experience developing and implementing core network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
· DPDK experience in processing and high performance forwarding
· Good experience in Linux kernel, data core and data path programming
· Excellent programming and debugging skill in C
Meter is making the best enterprise wireless router. We are looking for a wireless engineer that will work on core software to make connectivity better for our devices and clients. You will significantly shape the design and architecture of Meter's WiFi stack.
· Work on embedded firmware development in C, Lua, Linux / Unix platforms
· Improve wireless drivers, firmware, hostap components
· Work on wireless client performance and connectivity
· Experience developing software using embedded SDKs and frameworks (ex: Qualcomm Atheros)
· Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
· Experience with Wi-Fi stack and application software development and debugging (ex: OpenWRT)
· Experience in designing, developing, optimizing and maintaining networking and wireless devices like wireless routers, residential gateways, extenders, and other Wi-Fi related products
· Strong competence and experience in Layer 2, Layer 3 networking